Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

Blog Reality Check

Our son Aaron had some basketball games last week and prior to the first game my husband told him, "Son, I want you to represent yourself and Mom and I well, but most important I want you to represent Jesus Christ well."

Today I read my dear sister in Christ, Lisa Whittle's blog and was just about knocked off my chair. The realness of this woman is one thing that draws me to read her blog every Monday.



How we live our life...who is being represented? How we blog...who are we pointing to? If you are a woman that extended Jesus the invitation to take over your life...do others know He's the center of your life by what you blog about or talk about?


Are you more concerned about representing yourself or representing Jesus Christ with each post you put up? Lisa's question's just hit me hard. When my blog is read, I want those who visit here to know what I think about the Guy who carried a cross upon His beaten and bloodied back and shoulders for me...for you. When you log out of here I want you to have Jesus Christ on your mind, not Lelia Chealey. If you don't know Him personally, I want the love I have for Him to be so evident it wakes you in the middle of the night with curiosity about Him. I want you to want what I have with Him for yourself.



Blogging is fun and as a believer it carries much responsibility. We can blog hop all we want and leave encouraging words to strangers, but yet never send our "real life" friends a note to lift them up. In blog land we can say what our hearts want to do, but then not live out what we write about and confuse the heck out of our family members who read our blog. We can pray for our blog sisters needs and yet not ever lift up the names of those who surround us in the flesh to the throne of mercy and grace.



Lisa asked a very important question that hit me rather hard. If you are a blogger you must click here to read it for yourself. Ask yourself the question she asked and be real with yourself. I know you'll enjoy Lisa's honesty as much as I do. When you get there introduce yourself to her and if you're going to She Speaks this weekend she will be there too.


When it comes down to it, if you're a believer in Jesus Christ like I am, then He has to be involved in all we do. Thanks Lisa for sharing such a bold question with us.


Let's represent Him well.

Believers

Linking

Others to

God!


Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

~Many Blessings~

11 comments:

Sandra Garcia said...

Wow. I guess I started my blog more for my children. As a way for them to someday go back and read about our lives and prayerfully learn from mistakes or rejoice in good choices made. But the questions Lisa asked today makes me, more than ever, want to make sure I write responsibly and in a way that when my children read my blog someday, they will see how Jesus was at work in our everyday lives. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings and Happy Monday,
Sandra

Amy said...

This is a tough one...A point I have had to face (and am facing as I write).
The trip that I just returned from was the trip of a lifetime....But if you've been Christian for even five minutes, you know that the devil likes to distract us so that we take our eyes off of God. The devil had me distracted for most of my time away. Although I saw amazing things, I was challenged emotionally by the hurtful words and attitudes of others and physically by health issues...not to mention homesickness. While I was away, I thought to myself, "How am I going to blog about this trip, and be truthful, and still honor God with my words?"......I still don't know the exact answer to that question, but I do know this....I will only focus on the blessings from this trip on my blog....I have given the devil far more attention than he deserves already......I will share some of the "rough" spots with humor, but I will not give the devil any more ammunition or attention than he already has.

Anyway, all that being said, I want my blog to honor God.....period.
Through the good times as well as the bad times....He is there!

I hope that people see Christ in my life; no matter what the circumstances may be.

I will definitely check out Lisa's blog.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless,
Amy:)

HisPrincess said...

Great post Lelia, and a timely reminder. Food for thought there.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh my gosh! That is what God laid on my heart to teach to the youth yesterday in Sunday school (I got called to take the class at the last minute). It is referenced in my blog I just posted. It was in the sermon on TV I listen to while I was getting ready for church yesterday. It was also in the pastors message...hummmm...it calls me to examine my heart more thoroughly. I see an "ouch" coming here.

I can't wait to meet you dear blog friend!!!

In his Graces~Pamela

Lisa said...

Lelia,
Girl, you have blessed me today. You blessed me by your amazingly gracious words on your comment about my post and about me. And then, by blogging about it yourself. I'll tell you... it touched my heart in ways I can't even describe. Truly.

Ours is a mutual affection society, friend -- I'm drawn to you and your blog, as well. I absolutely cannot wait to meet you this weekend! Be warned -- I'm a hugger and a squealer! :)

Lisa

Laura said...

Lelia,
thank you so much for sending me to Lisa's! I am a bit behind on my blogging because...I'm trying desperately to get ready for SheSpeaks! And VBS is this week at church, which takes some time and energy...but is so worth the investment. Anyway...You speak such truth. I think you honor Jesus tremendously with your writing, my friend. I cannot wait to meet you face to face and give you a big hug!

Julie said...

My heart in blogging is to show Papa's heart...

I pray it is so.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and your sweet words. It always blesses me to have you stop by.

Hope you have a wonderful time at SheSpeaks.

Hugs,
Julie

Liz said...

Beautiful blog and certainly something I have struggled with since the beginning of my blogging. And thank you for leading me to Lisa's blog too.

My blog beginnings were originally about expression of self. I was going through some very difficult things and found that writing was therapeutic...never in a million years thought about anyone but close friends and family reading my blog. Since they know me, my periodic cynicism started out OK, but recently been convicted of how I represent my relationship with my Lord. This post brings it full circle. Thank you.

And thanks for the comment on my blog. LOL about Garth Brooks. I am not a country music fan at all and shocked myself at how star struck I was when I stood face to face with him. It was quite embarrassing. But, yes, he was SO nice and chatted with us for a good while.

Have fun this weekend!

Tami said...

Amen, friend, amen.

Hey, what's floating around the air in Nebraska today that we're both thinking about the huge responsibility entrusted to us in blogging?

May He use us despite ourselves.

SheriYates said...

Thanks for the link - I have really wrestled with Lisa's question. See you soon. :O)

Yolanda said...

Girlfriend,

I absolutely agree, and this so touched my heart. Can you imagine, how much so, the heart of God?

I believe, if He is front and center, then He will be front and center.

Blogs, cards in the mail, conversation with your husband, best friend, and the stranger on the street.

He is so good to me, and to you!

Love ya!!!