Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Me...write a book and speak? Are you crazy????

UPDATE (6/20/11) Thank you so much those who contributed financially and also for all the prayers in getting me to She Speaks. God is so amazing! I am heading to She Speaks because my scholarship was fully funded with enough that I am blessed to be able to go the day before to get settled and prepared for the conference that starts on Friday, July 21st. And a blog friend/sister in Christ asked me to be her roommate so I'm able to stay at the conference hotel. THANK YOU & may God bless you above and beyond! 


Since November 2007 I've written here on my blog.
I'm amazed at all God has taught me.

Being a writer and speaker wasn't my childhood dream.
Over the last 20 years of writing God has showed me as I grow up in Him that speaking and writing is exactly what He has in mind for me.

Shortly after starting my blog, God would allow our family to go through uncharted territories. Unfamiliar paths to us, but no surprise to Him.
On this blog He has prompted me to share things that I wanted to keep secret to my grave.
He has loved on me and my family though fellow bloggers and readers and used them to teach me much.
He has connected me to wonderful people through this blog.
People that have given me unconditional love, support and prayers and have been a huge encouragement in my life.
Some people I know and many I have never met.
I am so thankful for each of you.

Although the last 3 years have been tough, God has used the trials to teach us how to trust Him and rely fully on Him. We have experienced not only heartache, but much joy as we learned how to praise Him in the storm. The blessings He has poured down on us have been amazing.

Over and over again God has proven to be our
Provider, Great Physician, Comforter, Wonderful Counselor and the great
I AM.
Honestly, I wouldn't trade where I'm at with God for an easier path.
He has been worth every step and He is so worth trusting.
As He has grown me spiritually, He has given me growth in my writing.
Doors have opened that should never be opened to a woman with my history.
And yet, my Doorman Who has been holding open the doors, is the only One capable of washing me white as snow as I walk through them.

One thing I've been asked over time is "when are you going to write a book?" and in the last 2 years I've been asked if I speak at women's retreats. A few years ago, I was invited to lead a class at a retreat on writing and I invited a friend to help me. Looking back, I see how God was giving me a taste of where He wants to take me.


Which brings me to where I'm at today. I feel strongly God is moving me in the direction of more writing and to start speaking. To learn more in this area of ministry, the Lord has laid it on my heart to attend the She Speaks Conference in July 2011.



She Speaks is a life-changing conference held in North Carolina for women seeking to step out in the passion God has placed in their heart. 
Hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries, She Speaks encourages and equips women to make the most of their messages, communicating God's Word to others. It is a conference led by Christian women and each track is designed to fan the flame of what God has burning inside me. 

She Writes: (Writers Track) From basic writing guidelines to preparing an article or manuscript for submission and everything in between. In addition, the opportunity to meet one-on-one with some of the top editors, publishers, and literary agents in the Christian market.
She Speaks: (Speakers Track) Whether speaking in a large arena or leading Bible studies in church, participants will be equipped with the tools needed to effectively share the Word of God, create a bio sheet, market her ministry, and give successful presentations.


My first step is to raise funds which I am in the process of doing now.
*Gulp*
Will you prayerfully consider helping me through a financial contribution towards a scholarship? If you feel led to join me in this exciting call, there are two ways to participate.

Call Proverbs 31 Ministries at 877-731-4663 to contribute by credit card; or send a check payable to Proverbs 31 Ministries to:


Proverbs 31 Ministries
She Speaks Scholarship/Lelia Chealey
616-G Matthews-Mint Hill Road
Matthews, NC 28105

Please be sure to designate the scholarship in my name in order to credit my scholarship fund.
You will be receipted for your tax-deductible donation.


For more information you can visit the She Speaks website by clicking HERE.

Whether or not you can help financially, most importantly please keep me in your prayers as I step forward in faith. Thank you!


Excited. Scared. Humbled. Thankful. READY
If I wait until I think I have it "all together", I'll never follow His lead. 


Many Blessings,




*If you have a room at the conference hotel and need a roommate, please let me know. The hotel is all sold out, but I'm on the waiting list. Thank you!