Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YES to GOD study: Chapter 8

Welcome to...

FYI: If you take a cute and chunky Piglet out in public (see previous post) then you will get lots of miniature Snickers and Twix bars thrown your way.

FYI: If you eat all the mini Snickers and Twix bars thrown your way then you will get ill and gain 10 pounds.

FYI: Lots of mini Snickers and Twix bars adds up to lots of King size candy bars.

FYI: Using children to get candy is bad. Very bad.

Okay...whether you acknowledge Halloween or not, I hope you had a great weekend and if you love candy, come to my house. I know where Aaron hid his pillow case full of sugar. Yes, my 14 year old still goes door to door and when scolded by the elderly for doing so he crosses his finger and politely says, "But sir, I'm a 6 foot 5th grader with size 14 shoes. It's in my genes to be this tall". He claims he then gets more because they think he's a freak.

I'm afraid to admit that free chocolate from strangers brings out the worst in all members of my family. Stranger Danger is completely forgotten on this night.


Okay...let's begin. Hard to believe we are almost finished with this incredible journey; however, I have a feeling it's just beginning.


CHAPTER 8:

WE ARE COMPLETELY LOVED AND COMPLETELY ACCEPTED.

Remember, anything in blue is a quote from the book.


This chapter was so good and I loved the Bible study too.


I am going to steal Lisa's friends quote that she tells Lisa upon occasion: You are an awesome spirit being truly loved and accepted by God.


Wow. Just think about that. No matter what we've done, where we've been...our God loves us. Is crazy about us. And notices us. Wow.


These are a few of Lisa's words that really hit me in the gut:


We are programmed by the worlds' view of love which has great limitations.


What we thought would bring us love has let us down and we are tired of searching.


God's love is without pretense, without conditions and without limits. His love feels good the night before, the morning after, and every time in between. It is like water to a thirsty soul, food to a hungry heart, and freedom to a confined prisoner.

We are irresistibly desired by God.



I also loved the story from the Bible Lisa shared about the woman at the well...All Jesus wanted to do was give her the gift of love she hadn't been able to find in anything or anyone else. And like so many of us she had certainly tried.



The last few weeks my teenage daughter has been spending a lot of time at our home. She has even spent the night a total of 4 times now. Something so sweet about standing over your Prodigal Daughter as she gets rest in your home. Last night when she left to go home I knew she didn't feel well, but I had gotten on her case about some stuff anyway.


One thirty in the morning my phone rang. It was her asking me to come over because she was throwing up and had an accident in the bathroom. I said I'd be over to clean it up and she said, "No Mom, I cleaned it up, can you just come over?"


I stayed with her from 2 until 6 when I had to come home to get the kids up for school. It was an incredible 4 hours for me. I deep cleaned her bathroom, did her dishes, took her trash out, gathered her dirty laundry and held her hair as she threw up in the trash can and rubbed her back. Most importantly though when I did sit down I prayed over her as she slept. I prayed over her apartment.


This morning she called and said, "Mom, thanks for being there for me last night."


I wonder...does she have any idea that she is irresistibly desired by her Creator? Does she know that while she searches desperately to be loved that she already is? After a night of giving herself away does she know that Jesus wants to give Himself away to her?


What I do know is that my girl called me and to this praying, sometimes crying Mom that was a sweet touch from the Savior. One day soon I pray she'll realize that only by God she is completely loved and accepted and will stop believing the lies of the world.

If you have more to share on your own blog regarding this chapter, please sign up under Mr. Linky.

Next week...Chapter 9!


~Many Blessings~






16 comments:

Jill Beran said...

Lelia,
Yes this journey just keeps getting better even though the walk seems all uphill at times. I know it will be worth it. What a great story about Alyssa and we pray He keeps drawing her closer.
Blessings, Jill

Joy Junktion said...

What a sweet and encouraging story about your daughter. No matter what my children have done I love them completely.
Bless you,Cindy

Paula V said...

Girl, you are a hoot (about the chocolate). I'm looking at Amiyah's pic in the background while I'm typing this. Man she is just scrumptious...such a cutie.

Okay. The study...When I read the quotes you shared, I thought "man, those are good too. I remember those pricking my heart; I should've used those also." But I feel that if I quote it all, I'd be typing the whole book.

Now the mushy stuff. Lelia, you have so touched my heart. My heart is swelling as I ponder on how your heart must've been swelling. For you daughter to call on you. Wow. So many blessings from this. She wasn't calling you to clean up after her but to just be with her. How awesome. But then, in return you were able to care for you as you love to do but it was with a love knowing you weren't being "used" just for her benefit (cleaning up vomit).

I just feel moved beyond words...okay, well obviously not as I continue to type.

I just think this is just such a God-moment. There is power in you being there for those four hours and for you to be able to physically pray over her apartment and her.

We can only pray and hope this is just the beginning of God's Almighty Hand working in her life...wooing Alyssa.

Wow.
I heart you. :-)
Paula

Train Up a Child -- Encouragement for Moms said...

Leila,

The quote: "God's love is without pretense, without conditions and without limits. His love feels good the night before, the morning after, and every time in between. It is like water to a thirsty soul, food to a hungry heart, and freedom to a confined prisoner.

We are irresistibly desired by God." This was one of my favorites too.

Your act of service to your daughter. Your demonstration of love will not be in vain. I encourage you to keep praying. Prayer changes things.

My prayer is that your daughter will find what she's looking for, and that she'll see Christ's reflection in you.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Chealeys had a GOOD halloween haul!!

...behind those eyes...what a wonderful chapter. It got my heart a pounding. I am so unloveable at times and I don't always show my family love when I should but God can, will and does fill in all those blank spots!!! His love is AMAZING!!

...Alyssa...I know that we don't wish for bad things or sickness for our adult children but we must praise God for little "wake-up" calls in their lives. He just keeps calling to her...and soon...she will come to his feet.

Hang in there friend. I'm still praying for her and you.

Love ya,
Kim

Leaon Mary said...

Uhoh... I thought we were doing two chapters this week. ;) Oh well.. Maybe I "needed" to do it for reason this week yes?
Loved the lesson on LOVE. AND BOY OH BOY DID I GET ALOT THIS WEEK!
Blessings Lelia.. glad you got some good candy. lol... We still have reeses peanut butter cups left over. We never get trick or treaters but buy candy for just in case. SO THEN WE HAVE TO EAT IT ALL. Is that bad? Just not at one sitting right?heehee
Lea

Amy L Brooke said...

I will keep praying that the love of God sinks deeply into her heart, soul, and mind.

Piglet is just too cute!

LeeBird3 said...

You are one beautiful person. I love you, Lelia.

I pray the Lord will continue to use your precious daughter to grow your faith.

And I pray that she will come face-to-face, heart-to-heart, mind-to-mind with Jesus.

Runner Mom said...

Can I just agree in my heart with Leebird? Your story of her bad night just brought tears to my eyes, and I have a lump in my throat. No matter the age, they are still our babies, and we are needed to nurture and love them...just like Jesus who loves and nurtures us :). Precious.

Love you bunches,
Susan

Julie said...

Lelia,
I think you are an amazing woman...

I love your heart.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your girl's got you! And that you had the beautiful opportunity to pray over her and just be with her. Bless your heart.

Tammy said...

Lelia,
There is nothing like your mother...what a touching story.

I pray in your daughter's quiet times,God will reminder her how much she is loved by you and Him.

I know there were many times I disappointed my parents.But I've never forgotten how they loved me, even when I was unlovable.

Liz said...

Completely loved.
It is wonderful.

{darlene} said...

Your post is wonderful. I have learned so much about God's Love now that I have my own children. He is truly amazing. How deep is His love....

How vast beyond all measure.

Thank you for sharing your heart. Your love for your daughter is beautiful. I love watching my children sleep.

So glad to be on this journey with you,
Darlene

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh Lelia-I hope your daughter does come to the realization she is more loved and accepted by Him. I pray she sensed Jesus in that night.

In His Graces~Pamela

Carol said...

Lelia, okay you are too funny with the chocolate. My daugher hides her so daddy won't eat it.

I'm praising God about Alyssa calling you because she just wanted you to be there with her. Will continue to pray that she finds her completeness in Jesus.

I love this journey we are on, and am so grateful that you started it. I have grown to love you and your family. Oh my that little piglet, just want to squeeze her.

I finally made my post entirely long as usual, and way late in the night.

Lot's of love to you girlfriend.
Carol