Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

YES to GOD: Ch. 4: Speaking Truth to Your Issues

Hello friends...
Since I've been leading YES to GOD studies I've never done this before, but I am not going to post on this chapter this week.
A very close family friend of ours met Jesus face to face today.
My heart is filled with a mixture of joy and deep sadness as I know he is right where Jesus wants him to be but too far away to hug on. I will post later about my friend as his name will forever be etched on my heart. A heart that aches to give him one more hug and kiss even though last night at this time I was doing just that and a heart that rejoices that he knew and loved Jesus Christ.
I love you Freddie Bill and if you can pry yourself away from Jesus, tell your brother Bruce hello for us...xoxo.


Thanks for your understanding and can't wait to read what God has shown you in this chapter.
On a lighter note...this morning my teen son Aaron walked up to me in the kitchen, stuck his neck to my nose and asked me if he smelled good. I took a whiff of the Sean John Unforgivable cologne he got for Christmas and said, "Mmmmm yes."
With much confidence he smiled and said,
"Of course I do, cuz it's me. Even my B.O. smells good."
Oh Lord thank you for this family that gives me daily blog material.
If you have something on this chapter that you have posted on your own blog, please sign up under Mr. Linky so we can visit you. Thank you!
Next week: Chapter 5 "Awake My Soul".

~Many Blessings~

22 comments:

The Dementia Nurse said...

Hi Lelia. Thank you for letting us know - I was worried about you. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I never fret for the ones who are gone; it's the pain of those left behind. Praying for you tonight and in the days to come.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry, Lelia. They are rejoicing up there at his arrival, you know...

Praying for those left behind.

Jill Beran said...

Praying for you in the loss of your loved one. Even though there is peace in knowing where he's at, the tears still fall, so praying you feel His peace even during your pain.
Blessings,
Jill

Sita said...

Lelia..understanding the emotions..still fresh...rest in Jesus..
Love, Sita

pam said...

celebrating for one, yet sorrow for many...praying He ministers His peace.

Carol said...

Lelia, It's joyful knowing our loved ones are with Jesus, and sorrowful because we have to endure here with out them.

Prayin for peace and comfort for those still here.

Love,
Carol

Liz said...

Lelia,
Prayers are with you. Thanks for letting us know, I was worried, even though I knew you were ok from email.
Linky helps us hook up the the one's who posted, so thank you.
Smack Aaron for me! LOL playfully of course!
Blessings and hugs!

Amy said...

I'm sending you a (((BIG BLOGGY HUG!)))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

In Christ,
Amy

Joy Junktion said...

Lelia,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But so grateful for you that you were able to be with him Monday night and had a sweet time of hugs and kisses.
I will be praying for your family and his.
Bless you,
Cindy

Cindy said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I took time to pray for you and his family so I hope you are feeling the Lord's arms around you to comfort you.

I don't mind that you didn't post about the book because I have some catching up to do with your other posts!

Blessings...

Liz said...

LOL!!!! I just saw your heart on my blog...:)

Mel said...

sorry for your loss...

Tina said...

So sorry for your loss

Pamela (His maidservant) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Lelia-I am sorry for your loss and I pray God shows Himself to you and this family at this time.

Your son is too cool!! but dont tell him that (he!he!).

Blessings of peace to you my friend.

In His Graces~Pamela

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Thanks for hosting these studies. I'm glad led me here to this awesome group of ladies. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I enjoyed the story about your son.

Hugs,
Sue

Jenny said...

I'm sorry about your friend, but your story about son made me smile!

jen

Paula said...

Hi Lelia, I, too, am sorry for the loss of your friend. May God's love be with you all at this time. I won't be posting this week but have read the chapter, and hope to do a chapter 4 and 5 post next week. Love ya, Paula

LA Nickers said...

YES, Lord, YES.

May it ever be so.


Blessings,
Linda

HEART OF A READY WRITER – Reading Through the Bible in 2009

About Nancy said...

I am so sorry for your grief. May the Lord comfort you greatly during this time.

I am thankful God gave you your darling son to bring light and levity into your life. Sounds like something my son would say. Love them boys!

Janice said...

Looks like you are doing a great thing on your blog to bring people closer to God. I know that God lives and He loves us. I know that He wants us to be happy and has provided a way for us to return to Him. He doesn't want any of us missing when the time comes for us to leave this earth. When the Savior comes again He wants all of us there. We can do it if we help each other. Thanks.

Paula said...

Finally! My chapter 4 post has been written and made available. Chapter 5 is on it's way. I hope you are doing well lovely lady. xo