Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This is my first time participating in Thankful Thursday...

I am thankful...



1.) That every Thursday we can be reminded to write out what we're thankful for instead of just one Thursday in November.



2.) Thankful for my friend Susan at Forever His and her faithfulness in weekly proclaiming what she is thankful for. She has inspired me to join in on the fun of sharing my thankfulness.



3.) I'm thankful that my teenage daughter Alyssa chose life when she found out her own life was going to be forever changed.




4.) Thankful that my granddaughter, Amiyah Elizabeth, is a daily reminder to me that God is the One Who is in control.


5.) Thankful for my family and friends.



6.) Thankful that my husband Gene is so patient and forgiving when I choose to act crazy.




7.) Thankful that this summer has been a season of much growth.




8.) Thankful that my husband's $110,000+ back surgery was covered by insurance!





9.) Thankful that my dream of driving around in a luxury car has come true...the Impala is a snob and will only take EXPENSIVE gas!



10.) Thankful that my kids start school next Wednesday.



11.) Thankful that God's mercies are new EVERY morning.



12.) Thankful that I have 13 pounds of love sitting on my lap cooing.



13.) Thankful that Pampers claim of being leak-proof is true since the bundle of joy sitting on my lap just filled her diaper up.



14.) Thankful that we can take God at His Word.



15.) Thankful that cell phones have cameras in them so I can capture this:

AND THIS
Oh, and I'm so thankful I didn't miss this...even though the angle makes her look unproportioned~smiles~Thank You Jesus...


This was so much fun! It really made me think.


Visit Sting my Heart to read more bloggers that are thankful and join in on the fun!


~Many Blessings~

19 comments:

Paula V said...

I'm first, I'm first. I'm thankful I'm first. hehe

I'm thankful you so graciously and lovingly share that most gorgeous baby with us. Oh my word! She looks good in that orangey plaid color. Heck, she looks good in her birthday suit, what am I saying. She looks "grown up"...less of that first baby look. Her personality really comes through the pics.

She is gor-ge-us, preshhh-usss, cuutt-ee. Oh I already told you all that yesterday plus you know it.

I can tell she is a pure joy to be with.

Your thankful list is lovely! :-)

I'm thankful for you! among many other things.

I used to keep a mini notebook and made myself write five things every day for which I'm thankful. I tried not to do things repetitive like food, clothes, etc. Though I am thankful for those things very much I try to put thought into it...to reach out of my creativity and truly think on the rare things God has provided...like you have here and others do on Thursdays.
Love you,
PP

Kristi said...

Oh, she is so cute! Blessings to you.

Laurie Ann said...

I loved loved loved your Thankful Thursday post! Welcome to Thankful Thursday's!!!!!! Such a wonderful list of things to be grateful for...Thank you so much for sharing your heart and the pics of your precious granddaughter with us!

amy & lisa said...

Enjoyed your Thankful Thursday Post! I too have an Impala but it's been around a long time. Almost 200,000 miles on it and I still like it, and yes, it only takes expensive gas too. :)

Your granddaughter is so adorable!

Lisa

Isabel said...

What a great list. How inspiring. I try every night before bed to thank God for something (at least one thing from my day). I love the thought of a weekly blog topic. I might have to have Thankful Thursdays too!!

If that granddaughter of yours could be any cuter...seriously she is soooooooooooo cute!!

Wendy

StitchinByTheLake said...

I swear Leila, this is the most beautiful baby! Those big wide eyes and those sweet cheeks - how could you not just adore her? I can hardly wait for my next grandbaby and it's number eight! I'm going to babysit his first 2 or 3 months that his mom goes back to work and it just makes my heart do a little dance. blessings, marlene

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

She is just the cutest!! What a blessing!!

Thank you for the verse. That was the verse I used for She Speaks and it cariies on!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Carol said...

I could just eat her up!!!

Laura said...

beautiful. thank you for reminding me to have a thankful spirit...

Isabel said...

I had to get in on the act too!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Beth K. Vogt said...

Welcome to TT!! Your post was delight-filled. I appreciated how your heart overflowed with gratefulness and praise!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

HisPrincess said...

Such a beautiful little girl.

Thankful Tuesday is a great idea! Might have to join in...although it will have to wait til next week since it's Friday now!

Have a blessed weekend.

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. I really enjoyed your thankful list.

Anonymous said...

So, I'll say it again - she's an Angel!...

Jill Beran said...

What a cute little girl!! Thanks for the reminder to remember the blessings!!!

Susan said...

Wow, what a pleasant surprise!!

Sorry I was not the FIRST to wish you a happy TT and welcome you to this meme!

Truly it's my favorite day of the week to post.

In the midst of life's busyness, trials and tribulations, I'm compelled to sit and reflect how great and mighty our God truly is.

...ALL OF THE TIME!! (even when question that statement many times!!)

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart, and those adorable pictures. Looks like this little girl may need some spoiling!!

What size is she wearing now?

LOVE YOU♥

Unknown said...

Okay I'm coming over for my snuggles from Amiyah. I bet she gives the best snuggles. Oh she is just so beautiful I can barely stand it.

Amy L Brooke said...

Amiyah really is beautiful! She looks like such a joy!

Amanda said...

She is B-E-A-YOU-TIFUL!! I'm so glad that Alyssa chose life, too.

Amiyah Elizabeth is blessed to have her and you to LOVE her!! I'm glad you joined TT and I also do Word Filled Wed so I'm looking forward to reading more...I'm enjoying finding so many "kindred spirits" online.(Anne of Green Gables is one of my faves...I am an Anne Shirley at heart)