Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

New beginnings

Back to school week is a time when schedules are restored, new clothes are purchased and new friends are made. Alivia's school building is closed for the year due to remodeling so this year she gets to ride the bus to the make shift site instead of getting driven by Mom and she was so excited! After the first day of 2nd grade when asked what she liked the best her reply was: "What's not to like?"


Aaron started high school and can hardly wait for basketball season to begin. When asked what he liked best he said, "I like my classes and the girls like me." All is good in his world. He thought it was ridiculous that I made him pose for me under the same tree I've taken a 1st day of school picture of him for the last 8 years, but he finally gave in. He is such a handsome guy, but wouldn't let me retake it so I had to settle for the "I am way too cool to be doing this" picture.

Here are some pictures from the 1st day and also Open House. So, I'll "narrate" the pictures to what came to me when I was looking at them last night. Her 2nd grade teacher is so sweet and I was thrilled she got Mrs. B! So here are some pictures from open house on Tuesday night and on Wednesday, the 1st day of 2nd grade.


Before we invite Christ into our lives we walk around lost...
Then when we invite Him in, He gets excited when He sees our face...
He welcomes us and loves on us...
He stands proudly next to His newest daughter...
He then begins to show us things and teaches us...Then when He thinks we are ready He sends us out...
And we learn to wait on Him...
Then we see Him show up in different ways in our lives...
And then we arise and join Him for the ride of our lives...

We are excited and tell our friends about Him so they can go too...

We look back at our past knowing He's going to use it for His glory...
And off we go on a new adventure...


Have a blessed weekend!

18 comments:

Amy said...

That was lovely, Lelia!:)

Being a very visual learner, I loved that. And I love your daughter's answer, "What's not to like?":)
I wish that would always be my first response when people ask me how I like being a Christian.:)

I hope that you have a blessed weekend too!:)

Yolanda said...

When you and I talked on the phone earlier this week and I said send that girl to me. This is who I wanted....Alivia.

I'm telling you Girlfriend, when I see her, my spirit just gets excited and a smile goes across my face.

That one, now she is PRECIOUS!

Love ya,
Yolanda

StitchinByTheLake said...

She is a walking, talking, living doll! I loved your analogy - I want to amen Amy...what's not to like? blessings, marlene

Jill Beran said...

Loved the story your pictures brought to life - thanks for sharing!! It's all about letting go and setting out on the ride of our life! Isn't great to know Who the driver is?!?! Blessings on the weekend, Jill

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I have come to hate the first days of school....I'm not ready for them to be back. My kids went back last Thursday...ugggggh...

In His Graces~Pamela

Paula V said...

Only you, Lelia, could narrate the first day of school with such beauty and spiritual perspective.
You are creative my sweet friend.
I so enjoyed these pictures. Alivia is cutie.

Aaron is a riot...."I like my classes and the girls like me." All is good in his world.

Ain't that innocent and simple perspective sweet.
Much love, sweet one.
Paula

HisPrincess said...

Loved this analogy, and the glimpses into your life.

It's odd for me to see your kids going off to school not in uniform! All schools in Australia have a school uniform which as a student I hated but as a Mum I've learned to love. Now that I have teenagers I really appreciate the fact that she doesn't spend weekday mornings agonising over what to wear like she does on the weekend!

Unknown said...

Lelia:

Thank you for narrating. That was fabulous!

Alivia is a little doll. Hmmm..wonder if I could get snuggles from her and Amiyah? Exactly how far are you from Raleigh, NC anyway? I need to plan a snuggle visit.

Oh and tell your son he looked cool!

Tammy said...

Love the narration and your children are beautiful.

My daughter will be starting in two weeks.This year she will be entering into 10th grade at the public high school and I have to admit...Mom's a little fearful but she's excited.
I told her I was thinking of being a hall monitor at her new school and she said"Oh, Mom." :)

Kimberly said...

How beautiful are your sweeties! My two oldest headed off to 2nd grade and K5 this year. Sniff sniff. :)

I am so glad that the Lord goes with each of our children. I just don't think my girls want me following them all day at school. Sigh. :)

Laura said...

thank you for sharing these precious moments, Lelia! Every year, I'm filled with those same emotions for my guys: excitment, nerveousness, etc. etc. They grow up so fast, do they not?
We start in two days...I'll keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

This was really enjoyable to read, such a great spiritual take on the first day back at school. Hope you're having a wonderful day...

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Lelia this was marvelous.Brought back so many memories of my own boys. Alivia looks so happy, and is living doll. I'm so happy she got the teacher you wanted!
God bless your sweet kids!
Lea

Lisa said...

Love it, Lelia.

Beautiful insights. Thanks for taking me there.

Lisa :)

Amanda said...

That was great!! Loved the picture story!!

Have a good week!

Runner Mom said...

How precious was that!! You are too creative, my sweet friend! I loved the pics and the narrations! Just darling. And...so are your kids! I received that same look from my oldest son when he had to get his picture taken in the same spot!! IT's a tradition--they'll get over it!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Love ya,
Susan

Carol said...

Precious!!

Vern ~ Inspired said...

That was so neat....I smiled the whole time I scrolled down and read your analogy!

Our first day of school was today.

My teenager informed me...I did not have to take her to school...she had a friend picking her up...ugh!

Atleast she still allowed me to take her "back to school" yearly picture! (I like that you do that too!)

Hugs!