Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The missing Titus 2 Message Found

Titus 2:4-5(NIV)
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Last night these verses came to my mind, but I think Paul left out such an important part of this message. I say this because of what I peeked out of the shower and saw in my bathroom sink last night after I heard Alivia exiting the bathroom.



See, I think the verses should read:

Then they can teach the younger women that it is not sanitary to thaw out the frozen strawberries you want for a snack in the bathroom sink even if the water is warm as you might argue.


I called my sweet 7 year old Alivia into the bathroom to question why there was a strawberry floating in the sink and why suddenly was the strawberry gone. I about threw up when she opened the bathroom door with missing strawberry in hand and was licking it.

Nothing like toothpaste, hair and strawberries. Before making her toss it and before sitting her down to have a conversation my Mom never had to have with me, I placed the berry back in the sink still full of water. I just had to take a picture for you of what I seen.


New lesson for all you young moms:
Don't forget to teach your child to use the bathroom sink only for spitting in and washing their hands in, but never to thaw food in. Never.
Just in case though, teach them how to clean the sink thoroughly first.


Lord, please don't let this be a sneak preview of what kind of teenager she's going to be. Please.



~Many Blessings~

Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see what book/study we'll be reading & discussing for Yes to God Tuesday's beginning Tuesday, September 23rd. Tomorrow I'll introduce you to the author that you'll have instant love for.

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a great story! I love how you tied in those Scripture verses! seems like those bathroom sinks are just so much easier to get into - i'm just waiting for the day my 2-year old makes a discovery. she's already discovered the toilet but i caught her hand before she could splash! (and with another one on the way, i'm sure i'll have my hands even more full!)
Thanks for writing, Lelia! Your posts are always a joy to read! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

You are so funny!:)

Now all I need you to do is get down on your hands and knees as we pray together that my Daniel and your Alivia never get married. Because if they do, I'm afraid that neither one of us would ever be able to go to their home and visit due to the sickening conditions of their bathroom sink.;)
I am sorry to say that Daniel's sink leaves something to be desired. I have not photographed it, but I have definitely gagged a time or seven.;)

But I guess, worse case scenario, if they do decide to marry one day, maybe we will luck up and there will be an Exxon station nearby with a clean facility we could use.;)

Thanks for the giggle along with the spiritual today!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Yolanda said...

Oh man, I fall more in love with that GIRL and her precious Momma each day!

;-)

Paula V said...

Oh my. The mind of a child. Not a warm cup of water. Not the microwave. No, the bathroom sink. Well, just be glad it was not the TUBE huh? Actually, when I first saw the picture I thought it was a close up of the tub. Now that is grote!

I did Yolanda...from a non-mom perspective, it is cute. I know I wouldn't say the same if I were her mom but from a distance and outside it makes her cute!
Love ya, chickadee.
Paula

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Has stitchin' Marlene seen this one? Oh my, we might need to warn her.

My kids are always doing some gross things. They don't mean to, not usually. But sometimes they simply can't help themselves.

peace~elaine

Jamie said...

That is too funny! She is obviously a pretty creative girl.