Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Upside Down

I attended a conference this past summer called She Speaks for writers and speakers in North Carolina. Saying it was awesome is such an understatement. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in women's ministry,speaking and/or writing.



The speakers of Proverbs 31 Ministries who run this conference had such special things planned for us. One night they ran this video and there were tears shed and cheers shouted all over the room. It was incredible. I remember calling my Mom from the airport in Chicago trying to tell her about it, but I did it no justice.


P31 speaker Renee Swope had it on her blog recently and if you'd like to read more of what she had to say after viewing it then click here.


Okay, this will only take 2 minutes of your time and I'm telling you, it is so worth it!!! My 14 year old son Aaron just watched it and I quote, "I'm feelin' it Mom, I'm feelin' it". Now, your response may not be as cool, but please make the time to watch this.


See you tomorrow for the YES to GOD Tuesday study of "Behind Those Eyes".

~Many Blessings~






12 comments:

Paula said...

Nah...sorry there sista but I gots to be as cool as Aaron and say that, "I'm feelin' it Lelia, I'm really feelin' it!"

That is SO awesome! I'm certainly going to share it! He IS the Lord our God and He IS capable of all those things!

I am still smiling! Too cool! Paula :-)

Anonymous said...

I had to watch it 3 times, the first two, to get 'over' the intrigue of 'how' it's written, THEN I took in the message... It's great! It is cool - ah, I'm 38 and I can still say "cool".

Anonymous said...

I saw this last week on Renee's blog and it got my heart a'poundin!! I sent it onto some friends who are not believers...yet!! I just keep praying and sending them things like this to touch their hearts. I know that in the end--God is going to get them!!

blessings to you as you have again blessed me!!
Kim

Laura said...

I'm feelin' it too! I had forgotten about this little video. So cool. So awesome! Let's turn things upside down!

LynnSC said...

Whoa!! That was cool. Totally unexpected. I am going to have to go back and listen again.

By the way, Leia... I tagged you on my blog. Let me know if you post about it.
Lynn

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Just stopped by from Amy's blog, Mom of 4 Saved by Grace...so glad I did. That video is amazing. My 11 year old son walked by as I was watching it and loved it too! Ohh...how our God is the light that shines on the darkness all around us! Turn it upside down Lord Jesus. Thanks for sharing that and for blessing me today.

God Bless,
Stacy

Amanda said...

Powerful!! I will share this. BTW I tagged you today.

Yolanda said...

That was so out there, and so awesome!

Love ya!

Runner Mom said...

I loved this clip at She Speaks! Thanks so much for sharing it!! It truly makes you think.

OK, just left Lynn's blog! So, you've got a birthday coming up next week...hmmm!! How fun is that?? You haven't hit the BIG one yet, but it's not far away, girlfriend!! Heehee! Wish we could all get together with you to celebrate!

Oh, and if we both get to go to She Speaks again, I am planning a morning run in the parking lot in your honor!! :). We can print up shirts saying "She Speaks, She Writes, and She Runs." You will look adorable!

Love you!
Susan

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I immediately got the info for it and sent it to my pastor. It is so awesome. It moves me to tears each time I see it. This is so perfect for our study!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog. I'm always so encouraged to see how God is using sites such as this one.
Karyn
www.christiancupid.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Lelia! Guess what I have opened beside me on my desk............