Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Surprise

This Tuesday afternoon my phone rang...

Hello?

Hello, is this Mrs. Chealey?

Yes it is.

This is Mrs. B (Alivia's 2nd grade teacher) and
we are making a Celebration Phone Call!!!
I'll let Alivia tell you about it, but first we have to cheer.
Ready class? 1...2...3...

WOO HOO!!!!
The sweet sound of 15 second graders cheering for my girl!


This is where I experienced loss of clear vision.


Mom?

Alivia???

MOM! I got a 100 percent on my math test today!!

YEAH!!! I am SOOOO proud of you Alivia!

Thanks Mom. (giggling)

Thank you for calling me!! You've made my day sweetheart!!

Thanks Mom. I love you.

I love you too honey. Have a good rest of your day.

Okay. Bye Mom.

Bye honey.

OH! Mom??

Yes?

Can you tell Dad I called with a Celebration Phone Call?

Yes honey, I'll go tell him right now.

Thanks Mom. Goodbye.

Bye honey. Love you.
Love you too.
Mrs. B & Alivia

Oh, that was so special!!

Just think...if bill collectors would take on this approach we'd happily empty our pockets for them and the children's piggy banks!



I just want to encourage you that whatever you're doing right now to draw closer to God, whether it's...


reading a chapter out of the Bible each day
praying
going to church for the first time
listening to Christian music
joining a Bible study...


Whatever effort you are making to get close enough to be able to lay your head on God's chest and hear the beat of His heart pounding, please know that Jesus sees you and He is making
Celebration Phone Calls
to the throne room to His Father about
YOU!


He loves us. He does. And in that truth alone we too have much to celebrate.
Press on ladies. This walk with Him...it can be tough, but comparing my walks in life without Him...
this journey is SO much better and SO worth it!


~Many Blessings~

14 comments:

Paula said...

Amen to that! This journey IS so much better and SO worth it!

Honestly, and let's be really real (go Lisa!), where would we be without Him, and why would we ever want to be there (again)!?!?!

Let's raise our heads high, take in a deep breath and put a big smile on our faces for the joy that He gives us every single day!

And congratulations to Alivia for 100% on her math test! Yah! Go girl! That is excellent news! You do make your mum so proud!

Thanks for such an uplifting post at the end of a working day here. Love you, Paula :-) xo

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun to get a phone call like that...celebration phone call is such a cute way of putting it!

-Sandy toes
p.s. I got my book yesterday...YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Precious!! And what a WONDERFUL teacher to take the time to do that!! Alivia will remember that forever!!

Yolanda said...

Girlfriend, this post has tears flowing. So much depth here, in something so simple, that GAVE SO MUCH PLEASURE NOT JUST FOR THE MOMENT, BUT FOR MANY MOMENTS YET TO COME!

Lord, thank You for Celebration Phone Calls!


Thank Ya Mrs. B for allowing Alivia and her class to touch the heart of her Momma and Dad.

Love ya!!!

Yolanda

Kelly said...

Leila, how sweet! I love the idea of "Celebration Phone calls" from Jesus! I'll be on the alert for one today, I could go for some celebrating!
I bet your mother's heart was so proud of your sweet girl!
Blessings,
Kelly

LynnSC said...

Oh Lelia,
My tears are flowing... you see... I am getting ready to go for a teacher conference about my middle school daughter... seems she has been disrespectful. I am not surprised... and I know you are not either. They do what they want to despite what you have tried to teach them. It is their choice.

I needed to read this... I needed to think about getting close enough to God to hear his heart pounding. I believe that Jesus is making a call to the Father about my desire to please Him even in this. About the peace that I finally accepted from Him after listening to the enemy since yesterday. Praise God for your insight Lelia!!
Thanks,
Lynn

And... I am finally about to post my Yes to God Tuesday post on Thursday. Again!

Carol said...

WooHoo Alvia for that 100% that takes diligence.

WooHoo Lelia, for sharing and seeing God work in everything. Praise God that we don't have to live with out His love and Celebration phone calls. Praise God that he rescued us so we can share him with our children.

As the mommy of a 9 year old, I know how much that meant to you and her. Brought tears to my eyes.

love,
Carol

Runner Mom said...

I love this!!! Yay for Alivia!! That is awesome! What a great idea! Back in the dark ages when I taught little people, we had no phones in the classroom--so I would send home happy notes!! I am so proud of her.

Loved this to encourage us to become closer to our Heavenly Father! Thanks, girlfriend!
Love ya,
Susan

Laurie Ann said...

That's a great teacher right there! I know Alivia was just so thrilled, as were you in getting the phone call! How awesome is that? Great post, too. We do have so much to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

That's a good proactive, positive teacher.

On Purpose said...

Dear Sweet Alivia- Way to go girl! I am so proud of your hard work, dedication and perserverance. May you enjoy your accomplishment and know you earned it and deserve.

Love and prayers to you
Nichole

Julie said...

This was a precious post.

How awesome that your girl made 100%....

How cool that her teacher affirmed her as she did.....

Celebrating with you,
Julie

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

What a great techer to do that!! I love the imaging of my head in God's chest...comforting girl!

In His Graces~Pamela

Paula V said...

How wonderful. I didn't know teachers took the time to do this. What an awesome encouragement for Alivia and kids alike. I think we as society lack in providing more praise and encouragement than negative feedback. I know in the workplace we are more likely to hear of what we did wrong than what we did right.

I can't help but to think YOU have a little sumthin, sumthin to do with her good grade...help with homework, encouragement at home, etc. Huh, huh? Yow, yow.

Luvya sweet one,
Paula