Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

No Mountain, No Valley

Okay, I know Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye is not the typical praise & worship song,
BUT
LISTEN to the words and imagine God singing them to you...



Listen, baby
Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby
Psalm 139:7
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?




If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry
Jeremiah 29:12-13
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.





'Cause baby, There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough To keep me from getting to you
Romans 8:39
Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Remember the day I set you free?
John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.




I told you You could always count on me
From that day on I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way, some how
Psalm 9:9-10
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.




'Cause baby, There ain't no mountain high enough Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough To keep me from getting to you
No wind, no rain
Psalm 40:2a
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire

My love is alive
Revelation 1:18a
I am the Living One
Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

Psalm 36:5-6

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep.



Now, wasn't that fun to look at that old classic and pretend like God is just singing that over you? I have always loved that song, but for the first time when I was singing to it the other day, I heard it differently. Better, with so much promise. I was able to block out Marvin and Tammi singing & just let the Lord let me know that Lelia....

There is nothing that can keep me from loving you. I love you and it doesn't matter what pit you jump into this week, the love I have for you endures forever.

By choice, I have regretfully walked away from the Lord, but one thing I have learned is that it doesn't matter how deep my valley is, doesn't matter how big whatever mountain is in my life, He loves me. He's crazy about me.

And He knows me. He knows my heart and knows that despite my failures, my true hearts' desire is to just love Him right back.

Have a blessed weekend my dear friends!!

~Many Blessings~

Lelia





1 comment:

Heather said...

Lelia (I saw you over at Lysa T's site),
This was awesome! I have always imagined that song WAS about God. Especially relating it to Psalm 139. What a refreshing message for me to hear today. Thanks!