Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No connection at this time

My Dad, Acey used to be on Facebook. 
Until he got annoyed with all the posts that notified him every time someone made a move or drove through a Starbucks. 

Still thinking he was MIA on FB, imagine my shock when I saw this on my sister Michelle's Facebook page...


I love ya, kid, Dad

March 30 at 10:42pm via Android ·  ·  · See Friendship

    • Michelle Jane I love ya too Dad, thanks I needed that:)
      March 31 at 8:43pm · 

    • Lelia Chealey What the heck????? He hasn't even accepted my friend request. Hmmmm.
      March 31 at 9:31pm ·  ·  1 person



Excited, I remembered that I had requested to be friends a long time ago, but since he had stopped any interaction on FB I thought my request got lost.
So I looked and I put my request for friendship in again and I waited.
And waited.
Then I was on my high school friends' page and saw he is my Dad's friend.
Then I saw Dad recently became friends with this kid at our church.


So I did what any confused daughter would do.
I clicked on the ADD FRIEND button to re-request my dear Dad to be my friend.
Only to get this instant rejection message...





Isn't it good to know that when we pray and try to  connect to God we don't have to worry about getting this kind of message?

 Jeremiah 29:12-13 tells us that when we pray to God, He will listen and when seek Him with ALL of our heart, He WILL be found. We may have to quiet ourselves enough to hear from Him and it may not be the answer we were hoping for, but one thing we know for sure is there won't be a delay in connection. He will be found for those who seek. We won't get a message back that says You have already sent a request to connect.

As of today, April 19, 2011 my Dad and I are still Facebook strangers.
Michelle's profile picture of the 3 of us mocks me every time she visits my page.
Ignoring my friend request is not a smart move 2 months before Father's Day!
Hopefully his FB BFF/daughter Michelle will take over my tradition and take him Key Lime pie!


Thank You Lord, that You are a Father that connects to His children! 
                                                         Blessings,

P.S. Michelle, send Dad a FB message that I love him. :)

UPDATE: As of 3:10pm my Dad & I are now Facebook Friends!
The threat of no pie must have got the best of him. :)  Love you Dad!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thankfully your heavenly father "friended" you before you were even born!

Kim said...

F.U.N.N.Y!!

I suspect you will be "friends" on facebook real soon!! ;) afterall keylime pie is involved!!

Danielle said...

How strange that is! But, I love the fact you turned it around to our Heavenly Father!

Praise Him He's always there, always answering!

Beth Herring said...

i am glad that your dad finally accepted your request! my sweet daddy is in heaven, but i know that he would befriend me in a heartbeat!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you have been "friended"! Such a great post Lelia! Thanks for sharing.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This is hilarious! My dad is on fb, and we're friends, although he's rarely on.

Love you, friend. Hope to see you this summer at She Speaks.

peace~elaine