Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blah blah blah....

Have you ever tuned someone out while their talking to you?
The other day my 8 year old was asking me a lot of questions.
I mean a lot.
I think I tuned her out. Not on purpose, but I think I did.
Unless she was really saying,"blah, blah, blah, blah, blah", because that's what I heard.
I know, what a horrible Mom.
Definitely not the best thing to admit if I were trying for the Mother of the Year award.
But I can't help it sometimes.
I do love the sound of her voice though if that counts for anything.


Anyway, as a Mom, when bombarded with question upon question, have you ever given the deep, logical answer of "Because I told you so"? I have and I still do sometimes, but child #3 doesn't settle for such an answer. She wants something more. Something that makes her brain roll around until she has an understanding of why I answered her the way I did.



Have you ever gotten the answer "Because I told you so" from God?
If so, has it been good enough or do you press Him for a deeper reason of why not or why?
Is His grace sufficient enough for you or do you need to know what happened behind the scenes?



I don't know. Sometimes I wish He would just spell it out really clear.
But then again, perhaps He does in His Word and I just totally miss it.
Maybe I tune Him out like I sometimes do with Liv.
Because if I'm real honest, sometimes when I'm reading His Word all I see is "blah blah blah", but that's because of me, not Him.


Oh how I must focus more on Him and His Word and not take my time with Him for granted.
And I need to do the same with my girl. Because soon all she will hear from me is "blah blah blah" and right now...she hangs on my every word. She's attentive when I speak and she wants to learn from me.
Now that's the type of daughter I need to be to my Heavenly Father.


10 comments:

Andrea said...

I know exactly what you mean. We give that answer, but "WE" don't like it when we get it back as an answer.
Blessings, andrea

Paula said...

Well said! Thankfully between some of "blah blah blah" moments over the last 7 months I have actually heard some of what the Lord told me. He was very patient too, and made me hear His advice over and over until He knew I got it! Love you xo

pipedi said...

Spoken straight from your heart to mine, a real wake-up call! Sometimes I "skim" my daily Bible reading because it's boring or I don't think I'll learn anything that day, but yet I still want to be able to tell Him I'm reading the Bible, so please answer my prayers.

Thanks for reminding me I want to be like your little girl, and hang on every word!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Hi Lelia!

Thanks for your comments on my blog concerning my little mother...it has been very trying these past 5 weeks. I think mother wants to be able to do everything on her own and she knows she can't so she becomes defiant in some ways....

Have a great day!

~Beth

Anonymous said...

Lelia,
It's amazing what we learn from our children ~ everything comes back to Him and His glory. I love your honesty.

~ Patricia Ellis ~

Julie said...

Hey friend.... yep I do that with my 12 year old daughter and her questions.... too... sometimes.....

Loved reading your heart here!

Thanks for popping over to visit me and the sweet words you left me. You blessed me today!

Paula V said...

Hey girl. Just listened to your sweet message. Wow. You are too precious.

I would love to have me a little Alivia who hung on my every word as I do tend to be lengthy. :-)

Seriously, that is precious that she soaks up everything her wonderful momma has to say. Hopefully, she won't be the "norm" and she'll continue to. She's one precious big girl in a little body. She's always seemed so mature for her age.

I so could be Alivia's sister because I'm never satisfied with a "because" answer. I think I get on my momma's nerves b/c I'm so inquisitive.

And yes, I do the same with God. Why God? But why can't You be glorified with this way too? Why can't you just snap Your mighty hands and transform his heart? Why can't you just speak louder and make things the way You planned five years ago?

But, even with all that, I know He loves me. I know He knows my broken heart is questioning His ways because it's so broken. Yet, I trust Him. Does my questioning show that? I know He will work it out and one day I will slowly be at peace with how He works it out. It's the not knowing that causes all the questioning.

That was probably TMI for your blog.

Love you,
PP

Anonymous said...

As always, something to challenege me! xoxo

LisaShaw said...

Thank you for sharing your heart dear sister. I think we can all relate. Love you.

Yolanda said...

Lelia,

I totally get what you have said here, and a wake-up call for me. THANK YOU for sharing what you are walking through. I love that you are like a clean pane of glass, I can see and you allow me to see.

Much love,
Yolanda

HI MISS ALIVIA!