Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Get off the roof top


Friday night my sister Michelle and I were getting the girls some healthy dinner at McDonald's. 
While in the drive-thru line we heard quacking and looked up and saw 2 ducks sitting on the top of the 
Radio Shack building.

I once heard Beth Moore tell a story of while walking her dogs they came upon some ducks playing in a mud puddle. She pointed out how just over the hill was a beautiful pond. 
Her point was that sometimes we insist on playing in mud puddles when God is trying to get us into the pond. 

God has bigger and better things than we can even begin to imagine. 
We need to stop constricting Him and let Him have His way with our lives. 
It's time to let Him wash the mud off of us and get us into the pond and do the unimaginable!

3 miles from the roof of Radio Shack is Holmes Lake. 
Looks like some of Dumb & Dumber's friends chose the good life. 

Isaiah 55:8 (NLT)
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."


Have a blessed day,




7 comments:

Kelly L said...

Funny... There is so much beauty to see - we just gotta look.
I've Become My Mother
Kelly's Ideas
Amazing Salvation

Tammy said...

Short and sweet...just what I needed!

love and hugs~Tammy

Unknown said...

What a great reminder! I needed that today!! Thanks girl!!

Paula said...

Oh dear...I pray that I am never a Dumb Duck and stay away from the pond. A great post my friend. xo

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Goes right along with the Beth Moore study we are doing at church. Last weeks message was on God's "bigness"!

Blessings!

Believing Him~Pamela

Jennifer said...

Love it....

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff. It gives hope for the future.

tI hope you enjoyed your healthy dinner with a Shamrock Shake :)