Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

From the Lips of a Babe....

So happy it's Friday! Today we have a very special guest blogger with us. To let you know, what you read is written word for word as told to me while cleaning up her bedroom. Let me introduce you to...

Alivia
7 years old
Loves Jesus, singing (especially to Mandisa) and trying to beat my Grandma and Mom in Connect 4!
I love my niece Amiyah!


Okay, for 2 years I asked my Mom and Daddy for a Barbie car. Not the one that Barbie doll ride in, but the big one that I can ride in. "No" is all they would say on my birthday and Christmas. But in 2008 right before Christmas I was at the mall with my Mom and my brother Aaron. Then we saw our church family, the Williams. Ms. Angela, Miss Lauren and my friend Lindseay were there. Miss Lauren asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said a Barbie car.

Then on Christmas Eve day we went to the Williams' house because they said they had a surprise for me. I had no idea what was happening. I had to close my eyes and when they opened the door the first thing I laid my eyes on was a snow blower. I was SO excited. "YES!" I thought. "I get to blow snow on my big brother Aaron when he comes home from school!"

Then someone said "You have a Barbie car!"



Alicia and I were so excited!When we were at the mall Lindsey secretly took me away so that Miss Lauren and Ms. Angela could tell my Mom that they had Lindsey's Barbie Jeep just sitting in their garage. So, they surprised me and gave it to me!!!!!!!! This is me hugging my friend Lindsey.

Looking at my Barbie Jeep.


Alicia, Lindsey and Me sitting in the Jeep.


I told my Daddy that I would follow him home, but he wouldn't let me.


Thank you Lindsey and Williams' family for blessing me!


Then two days ago my Mom took me to the post office and I got a box from a lady named Kelly. She is one of my Mom's blogging friends. She made my Mom this really pretty scarf and I loved it. Here is my Mom wearing her pretty scarf. Ms. Kelly makes these scarfs all by herself.
The stamp on the box said Handmade with Love.


She wrote me a note with a puppy on it. ...

She said Jesus wanted her to give me a scarf!



It's so pretty and soooooo soft!! There are little colored dots all in it.

I LOVE IT!She also sent me lots of other cute things. Thank you Ms. Kelly!!

Okay. What God showed me is that when we obey Him and love Him that if it is good for us then He says "yes" to the desires of our heart. Sometimes He says "no" or "not yet". He didn't give me a Barbie car when I first asked Him for it, but He used my church family to give me one in two years.

I just wanted to tell this to you.

Oh, and my brother Aaron has to walk with me around the block while I ride in my Barbie Jeep. I hope his teenage friends see him!

Thank You Jesus!

Love,

Alivia E'Lise

I hope you enjoyed this. Have a blessed weekend. This is the verse I shared with Alivia as we were driving to the Williams' home on Christmas Eve day without telling her what was awaiting her.

I think she got it...

Psalm 37:4

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

~Many Blessings~

22 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I love you more and more everyday girlie girl. you are SUCH a blessing!
Love,
Mom

The Dementia Nurse said...

Lelia, this is PRICELESS! Thank you so much for sharing it. The looks on the children's faces make me feel like it's Christmas all over again. Alivia, I especially loved your wish for your brother's teenage friends to see him walking you around the block. That's what I call good, clean fun!!!

Liz said...

Oh, what a sweet blessing. The scarves are great, the story is heart warming.

Paula V said...

Oh my oh my. Alivia, you are SUCH a precious young girl. So smart for your young age. So wise beyond your seven years. You have absolutely stolen my heart.

Lelia, I'm sure your heart is overwhelmed. She is so wise beyond her age it seems...her comments about God's answers and it being for our good.

I loved the comment about hoping Aaron's friends would see him. Funny too, she is for sure.

I love all the pics. Thanks for sharing those with us. It was like we were there to share in the wonderful joy that filled her heart.

That Kelly sure is sweet. Scarf for momma and girl.

By the way...you picture if beautiful. I was thinking your hair was straight but you must be one of those blessed with enough curls to leave it curly and hair that holds a flat iron. The scarf is a perfect color for you...matches your lipstick too. :-)

Don't be taking any more pictures of yourself while you drive, girl.

Sweet blessings to you.
Your baby has learned a wonderful lesson in waiting on God to give us our desires. Oh, what a good lesson...she is so far ahead of the game at seven!!

Love you much...all of you.
Paula

Mel said...

love the guest poster and the message, amazing that she so gets this message. I know many adults who don't, I mean I have a hard time with the no's and not yets

Laura said...

Alivia, you have your mommie's gift with words, Dear ONe! What a great story about God's surprises for you! YOu are a precious child of God, and you know what? All of your mommie's blogging friends just love you like crazy!!

I hope you guest blog again...

Paula said...

Dear sweet Alivia, you have brightened my somewhat dreary start to the day with your post. I am so happy that you did receive the desires of your heart for being such a wonderful Jesus follower. I love this - "Oh, and my brother Aaron has to walk with me around the block while I ride in my Barbie Jeep. I hope his teenage friends see him!" I have brothers, and I can so relate to them having to do something like this! The scarves are wonderful, I agree. I also knit, and know what a delight it is to knit for others. Enjoy your Barbie car, and enjoy your fun stuff too! And tell your mummy that she looks lovely in her scarf too! (Wink, Lelia). Sending you all love today, Paula :-) xo

Carol said...

Dear Alivia, Thanks for sharing your wonderful gift and you wise words. And you and your mom both look beautiful in your scarves.

I bet you have a ton of fun in your car. God is always wanting to send us reminders that he loves us and hears our prayers. Thanks for being such a good example to us adults of obidience and patience.

I hope you'll guest blog again and let us know if Aaron's friends see him with you and your cool new jeep.

Carol

Kelly said...

Hello Alivia and Lelia!
Alivia, you look so pretty in your new scarf! Your smile is like sunshine! I am really happy you liked it and the other things too..I thought you might like that ladybug Beanie baby! What a cool story about your Barbie car...it is a good story to show us how God takes care of us. We may not always get everything we want right when we want it, but He has a tender heart towards us and longs to bless us with good things. You are a lovely story-teller and writer, just like your mom!
And Lelia, that plum scarf is just your color, you look simply gorgeous in your picture.
How fun, thanks for sharing the story and pictures..enjoy and stay snuggly and warm in your scarves! :-)

Susan said...

Hi Alivia,

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful stories with us.

It looks like you are very LOVED and God truly answered all your prayers this year.

It's so nice to hear from you. Please come back and write some more.

You are very beautiful, just like your mom! And you write well too!

Maybe you could start your own blog one day!

God bless you sweetie, have fun in your new car!

PS Will you do Mrs. Susan a favor? Please give your mom a big real tight hug from me? Thanks♥

Vickie said...

Alivia you are such a beautiful child, both inside and outside.

I know God is going to do something awesome through you as you continue to obey Him.

God bless you Lelia for being such a real example to her.

Vickie

Sita said...

Alivia, that was very precious...thank you for sharing with us..

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet story! Those precious faces! Gives me warm fuzzies...

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Alivia-you are a very wise girl and a very lucky girl!! this was a very sweet post. Thanks for sharing.

Lelia-what an awesome picture of you! Post it in the sidebar!!

I am sorry my work kept me from see you this past weekend.

thinking and praying for you.

In His Graces~Pamela

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Opps-I widden my screen and see you have the picture already in your sidebar. Excellent!

Pam

Amy said...

So sweet!:)

Jesus must be smiling.:)

And thank you for the reminder of God's Words in Psalm 37:4...I really needed to be reminded of that today.

God Bless,
Amy:)

Vern ~ Inspired said...

That was the sweetest thing!
Thank you for sharing your grateful heart and YEA you got a barbie car!

My girls are too big for that and I miss those days when they would go riding in their miniature cars...enjoy the ride!!!

Anonymous said...

Yah, Alivia! You are an awesome blogger, girl. Can't wait to hear more about that Barbie jeep on Sunday! Love you.

Edie said...

This is awesome Lelia. I'm sitting here with tears on my face. Rich blessings to you sister. :)

Yolanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yolanda said...

Alivia,

Awesome writing and I love how God gave you the desires of your heart. I hope Big Brother Aaron gets caught by his peers as well, as you tool around the block and the blog in that HOT new vehicle.

Momma...you are such a blessing to many of us, and I'm included in that. You are such a bright spot in my day. Miss you and love ya lots...what a great scarf, but the picture update is even better. You are beautiful!

Love,
Yolanda

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed this post by Alivia. What a sweet lesson she learned from the people who love her, and from the Word of God.