Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More than just a name...

Awhile ago, I received a forwarded e-mail about responses a group of professionals received from kids (ages 4-8) when asked the question "What is love?” One response really stuck with me from 4 year old Billy. His answer was "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."

That really made me think about how I say Jesus' name. Does my Heavenly Father know that I'm not going to use His name in vain, but instead say it with much reverence? Do I say it different since I invited Him into my life or is it just another word? Since I'm aware of what He's done for me on the cross, do I say His name with any gratitude? Can anyone tell that I love Jesus by how I speak His name? When my voice falls upon His ears as I call on His name, what does He hear?
I say His name a lot. When I feel fear creeping into my thoughts in the middle of the night it's His name I call upon. When I feel like I'm failing as a wife & mom it's His name that I cry out to for guidance. Before my eyes open in the morning it's His name that I whisper into my pillow. When I feel overwhelmed by His sacrifice it's His name that I thankfully worship. When I mess up it's His name that say when I ask for forgiveness. It's more than just a name to me.
The name Jesus is the name of my Hero and I want my Savior to know that His name is safe in my mouth.

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
~Billy, age 4~


1 Thessalonians 1:12b
If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you…
Blessings,
Lelia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! I too use the Lords name often and it is a really great reminder for me. How am I saying his name? I am so deeply moved by his Love in my life and I know that when he speaks MY name there is always Love there. I pray he always feels the same when I use his name. Praise the Lord for all his blessings in my life!! And thank you for inspiring and reminding me, Lelia!